Providing A High-QualityEducation for Every Child
Schools are the backbone of our community. I am a product of the Illinois public school system and will fight to make sure that the children of the 48th Ward have access to fully-funded, fully-staffed schools. Beyond the issue of funding, I will work closely with school leaders and leverage office resources for school events.
1. Aggressively surplus TIF funds
- When we surplus TIF funds, we return non-allocated dollars to corresponding local bodies and prevent wasteful and opaque reallocation. A substantial portion of those dollars are returned to CPS.
2. Collaborate with state legislators to secure additional funding for neighborhood schools
3. Communicate regularly and directly with school leaders
- I plan to be a hands-on leader by having resources available during important dates like back-to-school events and report-card pickups.
- I will hold regular meetings with school leaders to stay up to date on how CPS and the city are coordinating resources.
4. Expand and enhance access to early childhood education
- Children who have access to well-funded early education are 25% more likely to complete high school and 4x as likely to earn a bachelor’s degree. By failing to address our early childhood workforce crisis, we are failing the next generation of Chicagoans.
- I will push colleagues to establish progressive revenue sources (like the Payment in Lieu of Taxes program) to invest in community-based providers and create more competitive benefits for early childcare workers.
All donations support Larry Svabek, candidate for Alderman of the 48th Ward
Join the Larry for 48th Ward campaign team today & help us spread the word!